Home of the Champions|Sunday, October 24, 2021
You are here: Home » News » City tops Real Property Tax Collection
  • Social Media:
  • Visit Us On TwitterVisit Us On FacebookVisit Us On YoutubeVisit Us On Instagram

City tops Real Property Tax Collection 

The Local Government of General Santos City ranked first in the revenue generation program of the Bureau of Local Government Finance (BLGF), Department of Finance as it exceeded the total revenue target on Real Property Tax (RPT) collection among the first class cities in Region 12.

For this, City Mayor Ronnel C. Rivera and the City Treasurer’s Office headed by Mr. Rodilon G. Lacap, Acting Department Head, received a plaque of recognition and a Certification of Business Taxes and Fees Charges from Ms. Aida D. Abregana, MPA, REA, Acting Regional Director, BLGF R-XII during the ceremony held October 18, 2017 at Grand Regal Hotel, Davao City.

CTO’s total RPT target for CY 2016 was P203, 874,207.00, but the office collected P238, 562,468.00 with a collection efficiency of 117.01%.

The RPT is considered as one of the sources of revenue of every local government unit, and the City Treasurer’s Office is responsible in the collection of taxes and fees charges in the city.

Ms. Marites M. Sevilla, Local Treasury Operation Officer I, revealed that with the help of Barangay Treasurers through the Barangay Incentive Program (BIP) and the participation of the Barangay units both in the rural and urban areas, the City Treasurer’s Office hit the 2016 collection target.

The City Treasurer’s Office had also been conducting barangay tax campaigns from March to October in all barangay units in the city. The said campaigns have helped the office achieve its target.

70% of the RPT collection automatically forms part of the city’s revenue particularly of the general fund which is allotted for its projects and programs. The remaining 30% is the share of the barangays.

To the success of the CTO, the Acting Department Head emphasized that it is partly because the people in General Santos are well aware of their responsibility and obligation to pay taxes and have manifested concern to their properties.

“Whatever the collected amount is, everything must go, especially to the goods and services of the people,” Lacap said. (CPIO/Pido/RSC/datb)

Leave a Response

Visit Us On TwitterVisit Us On FacebookVisit Us On YoutubeVisit Us On Instagram